Friday, January 08, 2021

To the stranger in the distance

 To stranger in the distance,



We once knew each other
We once walked a dark road together
We once laughed and cried and healed together
We once knew each other

I picked a different path, a path I didn't share with you.
I was afraid I might hurt you,
So I chose to hurt you another way.
I decided on this path in my darkest hour
And expected you to understand
For we once knew each other
We once walked together
We once laughed and cried and healed together.

We are probably far far away
At opposite ends of the road infact.
Yet I send a message in the wind
Hoping the current will find you.
And let you know, that you kind stranger
Deserved better.
I hope you are happy, I hope you are safe.
I hope your road leads you to a safe place.

Dear stranger, if we were to cross paths,
I may still tackle you to the ground with a hug
For we once knew each other,
We once walked together,
We once laughed, cried and healed together.

I hope you are happy,
I hope you are safe.
I wish for nothing but the best on your way.
Kind stranger, you were polite.
You were safe.
Thank you for teaching me all that you did.
For i knew no wild monkey moves,
But I knew you
And I felt safe.

I hope you are happy,
I hope you are safe,
I hope the winds find you and deliver this message.
I hope the currents are kind.
For I remember our journey and can not help but smile.

No comments: