Monday, October 29, 2012

I breathe..

I waited for a lifetime
For someone, for anyone.

I waited to be found,
 i waited to be seen.

I waited for forever for someone
to set me free.

Bound by my fears,
The scars run too deep.
The memories to strong to fade away.

Only now does it strike me,
Only now do I see.

Its time to let go.
Its time I set myself free.

My glasses may be cracked,
But I can still see.
My heart may be broken,
But it still beats.

I'm not waiting any longer,
I'm not waiting 
For someone to come find me.

A new day has dawned.
I look to the sky,
I breathe.

I may not be perfect.
But I'm the best damn thing i can be.

One foot in front of the other.
One step at a time,
That's how I'm going to take it.

No more looking over my shoulder.
No more shadows surrounding me.
No more walls will be broken or built.
No more waiting to be found.

I'm going where the wind is going to take me.
I'm going to set myself free.

Only now does it strike me ,
Only now do I see.

Eventually the scars and the memories will fade away.
Eventually all I will need is me.


A new day has dawned.
I look to the sky.
I breathe.

1 comment:

Peanut said...

A new Day has dawned,
I look to the sky,
Brighter than yesterday, The days we leave behind.

Strangers till yesterday,
Strangers to such a day.

Happiness is all I feel from today,
All thanks to you, on that magical day

The long road winds forward, with twists and turns
Lets walk it together,
Till the day is bright.


:)